We all have stuff we absolutely can’t get out of doing. Lots of things, like paying taxes, going to the dentist, walking the dog, colonoscopies, and maintaining good hair. And, after all, we are pretty responsible people, aren’t we? We’re tough. We do what has to be done.
And we do it 24/7.
But we realized that there is this other list. The list that has stuff to do on it that nobody is putting a gun to your head to do. Stuff you just think you have to do anyway. But, good news! You don’t have to do anything on this list. You just didn’t think it through. No gun here. No devastation if you do not do any of these things. We have comprised a list of just a few examples of things that never have to be done again.
- Assembling anything made by IKEA.
- Ordering broiled flounder anywhere.
- Vacuuming out your car yourself.
- Sharing your dessert with anyone. (Come on. First sweet treat in three months. That is why they give you a fork instead of a spoon. Makes a great weapon.) You know who never has a problem with someone trying to share his dessert? That awesome guy, Thor. They probably give him their desserts to share. He is that awesome
- We can really help with number 8. We are getting new Habu in this week. We just got in more beautiful Shibui, and we are on our way to the convention this weekend to buy more great stuff for you! So, the store will be closed Saturday and Sunday, June 11th and 12th, so we can check out what is new and fabulous, and then bring it home.Planting bulbs with that weird, round, hole making thingy. (Hard work. The squirrels eat most of them. And big deal. They last like a week.
- Wearing pointed-toed, spike heeled ouchy shoes. You think you look great, but nobody looks good when they are dealing with that much pain.
- Volunteering to make that casserole with the string beans again this Thanksgiving. Stay quiet during the meal planning. Let somebody else go looking for cream of mushroom soup and those onions that come in a can. (Let’s face it. It’s a very strange casserole.)
- And how about this? Continuing to work on that sweater you have been knitting for, like eleven years now, thinking that you have to finish it because it is a reflection on your character and good name if you do not. Big news; nobody cares at this point. The sweater is probably out of style by now, and you don’t even wear that color anymore. Plus, you are not enjoying knitting it. Geez. Just come in and pick out something new and gorgeous and exciting to make.
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony on Saturday, June 18th, at 10:00 a.m., by the Newtown Business Association, welcoming us to Newtown! We are excited to be part of Newtown, and appreciate this warm welcome. In honor of this special occasion, there will be a nice surprise at our store that day. Watch for more details to come.
Feel free to add as many items to the list as you wish. Nothing beats listing things you never have to do. Well, almost nothing beats it. ( Maybe that store that has the little blue box beats it, or finding out Johnny Depp has had a crush on you since he was fifteen, and wants to take you too Paris for the weekend, beats it. But that is definitely it.)
See you soon!
Diane and Christin