Pets are a wonder, aren’t they? They keep us pretty busy with their crazy antics and make us smile when they are so darn cute. We have a tendency to think they are simple minded, obsessing on ball-throwing and treats. We have considered that, perhaps, they are smarter than we believe. Because we at Knitting to Know Ewe adore our pets, we considered what is really going on in the world of pets.
This is what we have noted about pets:
1. Diversion Technique: In order to divert your attention from a stashed item (or misbehavior) some pets will show affection such as licking, jumping, and rubbing against your ankles. If you find yourself being guided away from the sofa, for example, it is likely there is some mischief there.
2. Compliments and Disses: Pets tend to notice when you change your appearance in some way (unlike, ahem, some people). If pets like your look, they’ll tell you through their affection. They will lick you or rub against your ankle. If they bark or hiss at you, that’s a pretty good sign that they don’t even recognize you anymore or dislike your new look. Cats generally run and hide so they can laugh at you in secret.
3. Entertainment: Pets like to keep you entertained by doing insanely stupid things. They will turn upside down and look up at you, or jump in a box, or pop up out of a pile of towels. You, or course, as their pet parent, think they are marvelous. You take pictures and videos of them and post them for your friends to see. (I wouldn’t be surprised if this was another diversion tactic. They are probably finding out our weaknesses to take over the planet).
4. Begging: Pets utilize a variety of techniques to acquire extra food from you. They whine, stand in front of where the food is stored and stare intently, look from you to the food storage area pointedly, rummage through pantries or cabinets, and lay down next to their food dishes and look disappointed and sad. They believe that if they are consistent, we will cave. They know the power they have over you with their adorableness. Stay strong.
In regards to Knitting to Know Ewe, there are TWO UPCOMING EVENTS.
1. One Year Anniversary Party
Our One Year Anniversary Party is this Sunday, February 26th, from 11:30am to 4:00pm. Join us for refreshments and a celebration sale! Everything in our store will be 10% off! Come in and celebrate with us! We love our new location, and would love to see you there.
2. Manos del Uruguay Workshop
We are excited to bring in Lisa, from Manos del Uruguay, on Sunday, March 5 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. She will tell you all about how and where this beautiful yarn is made. You will have a chance to see great projects made with this yarn, and ask her about the amazing group of women who make this yarn in Uruguay. We have had one of her trunkshows in the past, and it was great. Admission is free, so come and have a great afternoon with us.
See you soon!
Diane and Christin