This is an oldie but goodie at our store. I wanted to make a scarf using a stitch that looked complicated, but was easy. I came up with this one. It is basically a stockinette stitch with one row that changes it all.
Here is the stitch pattern:
- Cast on desired amount of stitches to make your scarf
- Knit in stockinette stitch for as many rows as desired. End with a right side row.
- Next row: *Purl 2tog, yarn over, repeat from * to end.
- Repeat above to desired length.
- Bind off on a stockinette row.